The Quality Work Environment Initiative (QWE) is a framework used to identify, implement and share employer practices to provide enhanced employment opportunities, improved wages and upward mobility to all employees with disabilities. By participating in the QWE Initiative and completing the self-assessment, agencies can identify best practices currently implemented by the organization AND identify areas for improvement.
It is a continuous improvement process that can be tailored to the needs of each nonprofit agency in the SourceAmerica network.
- Focus on total agency mission and inclusive of all employees with disabilities at producing affiliates, regardless of AbilityOne status.
- Facilitated self-assessments and assistance in drafting tailored, agency specific action plans provided by SourceAmerica staff.
- Strategic action plans partially or fully funded through the QWE Grant Program which provides up to $7500 to a QWE-participating agency to complete strategic action items.
- Numerous SourceAmerica resources dedicated to QWE success, including training opportunities, rehabilitation engineering and grant funding.
QWE Shared Practices
- Community Involvement
- Effective Supervisory Skills Training
- Employee Intranet-Ask DORIS
- Employee Recognition Luncheon (Work Services Corp)
- Employee Self Advocacy Our Voices Count (MVLE)
- Non-traditional Funding (PARC)
- Awesome Card Program (Work Services Corp)
- Barrier Removal Fund (ServiceSource)
- Communicating Production Goals (Crossroads Industrial Services)
- External Safety Inspections (Crossroads Industrial Service)
- Financial Literacy Workshop (Phoenix)
- Focus Groups (ServiceSource)
- Measurement Systems (Beacon)
- Mission Moment (PARC)
- On-Site Fitness Area (Beacon)
- Personal Accomplishment Award (ServiceSource)
- Pre-Employment Determination Assessment Tool
- Safety Incentive Program (Work Services Corp)
- Safeway Partnership (Beacon)
- Transition Services (Beacon)
- Wellness program (Work Services Corp)